Field Operator II
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a major Oil and Gas producer, has an opportunity for a Field Operator II in Cold Lake, AB. This is a 6 month contract, starting January 13th with the possibility of extension. The individual must be local to the area or have accommodations as there is no LOA or flights.
Operate equipment and wells by applying operating and safety procedures and guidelines to meet daily operational plan, reduce equipment failure and efficient resources administration
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible to implement on daily work objectives, housekeeping, safety, health, environmental and security
• Active participation on daily toolbox meetings and regular, reported safety meetings
• Identify and implement corrective and optimization actions by the continuous surveillance of wells and equipment to ensure reliable, efficient and safe operational conditions
• Function as Equipment Care Technician, and routinely use Maintenance skills in performing simple maintenance activities
• Report when the alarm, emergency or emergency shutdown system is out of service
• Provide detailed, clear and accurate information when changing shift, to guarantee that unit conditions are updated and ensure operations continuity
• Coordinate, control and monitor maintenance jobs according with the corrective, predictive and preventive planning
• Report continuously in the log book all relevant operational events and abnormal situations or deviation occurred in the work area, equipment or personnel
• Take samples of products for laboratory analysis and execute field laboratory tests
• Active participation on emergency response activities
• Report incidents internally and escalate awareness as per the Incident Reporting Guidelines
• Ensure that Operations Shift Supervisor is informed and consulted about operations activities
• Ensure good communication across the work team so that issues / actions can be adequately addressed
• Provide the basic facts concerning well producing problems, current production rates, and current condition of the well
• Ensure that the well problem diagnostics are thorough and complete before requesting Well Work intervention operations
• Ensure that the wellhead and well surface equipment are maintained and are in good working order prior to Wellwork operations taking over responsibility for the well for intervention operations
• Provide assistance and support to the ongoing Wellwork operations as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Completed secondary education and worked previously as a Field Technician.
• Strong communications (oral & written)
• High standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
• Strong knowledge of pipeline operations
• Strong knowledge of safety and operations management tools and processes
• Broad knowledge of Emergency Preparedness Procedures
• Strong knowledge of Project Philosophy and Design Specifications
• Knowledgeable of relevant regulations
• Knowledgeable of relevant commercial agreements