The Offshore Pipelines Specialist supports the delivery of all aspects of Pipelines (i.e. intra-field, export, onshore/offshore) design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements. Effectively collaborates and interfaces with PMT and FEED contractor engineers and Operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Pipelines scope of supply is fully integrated and optimized.
Provides oversight of the FEED contractor’s, and, as required, Vendor’s and/or Engineering Subcontractor’s production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides Pipeline engineering expertise.
2. Maintains close liaison with Head of Pipelines, Flow Assurance Specialist, and Pipelines Team counterparts and gains alignment on Pipeline engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Supports the preparation and stewardship of Pipelines scope of work in contract and drives design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Collaborates with COMPANY Operations as needed to maintain alignment on Pipelines scope of supply.
5. Provides Pipelines engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Pipelines engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
7. Stewards the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Pipelines-related purchase orders and owns the Pipelines-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
8. Stewards Pipelines engineering design in accordance with the project’s change management program.
9. Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Pipelines engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
10. Assesses FEED contractor capability and ensures Offshore Pipelines engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps
11. Stewards Pipelines engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
12. Stewards the FEED Contractor’s Pipelines-related activities with respect to Pipelines engineering execution including:
o Knowledgeable of Pipelines engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor staffs the Pipelines team with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate Pipelines design tools, including computer hardware and software.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate Pipelines specifications and standards.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor controls the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
o Verifies FEED contractor compliance with design verification processes.
13. Advise the FEED contractor’s Pipelines engineering and design organization with respect to:
o Compliance with Qatargas policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines.
o Engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables.
o Staffing, including staffing plans, and personnel suitability and adequacy.
o Resolution of FEED contractor’s engineering claims, if any.
14. Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Offshore / Onshore Pipelines design, construction, and operations
o Engineering administration
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in a related engineering discipline
* 20+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution
* Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
* Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
* Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Facilities engineering disciplines
* Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills