Operation First Line Supervisor
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 1 year contract
Supervises personnel, may include coordination of contractors, to deliver
safe, reliable and profitable operations in assigned operating units (fields,
plants, manufacturing, terminaling, pipelines, warehousing, offices, etc.).
Demonstrates applicable Operations and Maintenance skills appropriate to
job position. Demonstrates leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
to work with diverse groups.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that all personnel meet applicable personnel and process safety,
security, health, and environment (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment
(SSHE) ) requirements.
• Oversees contractor work activities, ensuring they work in a manner
consistent with contractual requirements and Company expectations.
• Ensures that all activities are in compliance with applicable Company
management systems (e.g., Operations Integrity Management System
(OIMS), Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS), Global Product
Quality Management System (GPQMS)/Global Product Integrity Management
• Ensures compliance with all corporate, local and legal requirements and
regulatory standards (SSHE, Controls, Brand/Product Integrity) and
• Accountable for maintaining high levels of unit or work reliability, cost
effective operations, and/or product movements to generate cash/profits for
• Manages within the budget, identifies and captures efficiencies and
prioritizes work commitments.
• Coordinates the deployment of personnel and all work activities in the field
operational unit under his/her responsibility.
• Plans, coordinates, and executes the optimization of field/plant assets,
manpower, and logistics.
• Oversee emergency response contingency plans and activity
• Where applicable, ensure customers’ needs are met.
• Maybe responsible for managing labor relations within assigned area.
• Maybe responsible for Community relations covering assigned area.
• Maybe responsible for supervising Turnaround (TA) and/or Start Up Teams.
• Understands appropriate agreements within area of responsibility in order to
ensure compliance to contractual and operating standards and key interface
to deliver requirements of the specific position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Behavioral Skills: effective communication, courage of conviction, sound
decision-making, risk management
• Functional Skills: SSHE management – operations and maintenance,
managing critical operations, operations – specific technology and unit or are,
console knowledge – general and specific unit, process planning and
mechanical coordination, operations planning/improvement, managing critical
maintenance activities, maintenance scheduling, maintenance management
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production discipline
• Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and
appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical
and business communications
Operation First Line Supervisor