SENIOR EC&I ENGINEER
– The Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership within discipline
– Delivery of all discipline design and engineering to meet the requirements of the Concept Design Review & Preliminary Design Review Gate
– Engineers are the main interface between senior management and hands-on design
– Prepare supporting design calculations and specifications to substantiate design.
Key responsibilities as a Senior EC&I Engineer
– Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team.
– Check standard design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team.
– Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
– Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation / regulatory requirements and the needs of the client.
– Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design phases.
– Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc.).
– Develop cost effective technical solutions.
– Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
– Design delivery in discipline specific area through conceptual; preliminary and detail design phases.
– Knowledge of design standards and design based risk assessment would be an advantage.
Position of the Senior EC&I Engineer within the organisation:
– Reports to Principal Engineer
– Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff, although team may be supplemented from elsewhere.
– Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team.
– Maybe responsible for managing project subcontracts.
– Interacts with engineers of other disciplines internally and externally.
– Responsible for communications within project team
– Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area of the discipline though not essential. Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline.
– SC Cleared (current and active)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.